Stanford University is one of the top fundraising private, non-profit universities. The university is organized around three traditional schools consisting of 40 academic departments at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Why at Stanford University? Stanford students make and apply knowledge by thinking and doing, preparing for leadership in a rapidly changing world.
Application Deadline: October 25, 2019
University or Organization: Stanford University
Course Level: Graduate degree
Award: Up to $30,000
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: US citizen
The award can be taken in the US
Eligible Countries: US students are eligible to apply for this grant.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any graduate degree subjects offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: The following requirements must be met:
- Nomination by Stanford through the Haas Center for Public Service
- S. citizen or a U.S. national from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Full-time junior expecting to receive a bachelor’s degree between December 2020 and August 2021.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.6
- Commitment to a career in public service and able to attend the Truman Scholars Leadership Week
- Students must have a strong record of leadership, public and community service
- Must be available for a Stanford interview, if shortlisted. Interview date(s): Week of November 18, 2019 (exact dates TBD, morning hours).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To consider an application for Campus enrollment, students need to complete the online application at the Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation a sample application is provided to help prepare for online submission.
- Admission Requirements: When you are ready to prepare your application, you will need to check out the admission requirements page.
- Supporting Documents: For apply, applicants must be request 3 confidential letters of recommendation, one for each of the following topics:
- Academic achievement: Intellect and prospects for continuing academic success
- Commitment to a career in public service
- Leadership abilities and potential
- Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Up to $30,000 for the Scholar’s graduate studies toward a public service-related degree, open to many fields of study
- Truman Scholars Leadership Week (mandatory for Scholars)
- Summer Institute (10-week program immediately after college graduation)
- Truman Fellows Program (after Summer Institute, a full year of public service work and study in Washington, DC)
- Scholars are required to work in public service for three of the seven years following completion of a Foundation-funded graduate degree program as a condition of receiving funding