One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund
Rwanda Product Integration Specialist AT One Acre Fund : ( Deadline : 01 March 2020 )
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund relies on its Product Innovation team to find the most impactful agricultural practices and products for farmers. Every season we run both farmer trials and surveys to inform our extension and product offering decisions. Great innovation comes from excellent background research, a true understanding of our client base, excellent trial implementation, and a strong integration process that allows us to translate trial results into our full program.
Over the past 12 years our program has grown in Rwanda, allowing us to have a strong field-facing team which is able to capture farmer need and demand for a variety of products. As we constantly strive to offer the best service to our clients, we are looking for a committed agricultural/business professional who can identify, develop/adapt, test and scale various products that can be offered to improve the livelihoods of our clients in rural areas.
The Product Integration Specialist (JG4 PG11-12) will be based in the Product Integration team within the wider Product Innovation department. In general his/he will be a leader within the wider Impact Division, helping to improve the One Acre Fund program by being a technical leader in product development and evaluation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Background research: the Specialist will be responsible for identifying and proposing new products to offer farmers. As such, s/he shall be able to independently undertake appropriate desk based research to develop cases for or against new products and/or trials.
- Trial design: the Specialist will be responsible for taking an active role in designing new product trials especially within his/her portfolio, but will be available to assist on other trials as well. This will include a written document explaining the trial from start to finish along with proper project management tools such as calendar, issues trackers, theory of change etc. S/He will elicit all necessary feedback for such trial designs from all relevant stakeholders (both internal and external to the organization). Trial designs, though started independently will be heavily discussed and overseen by Team Lead.
- Evaluation planning: As part of trial designs, all products under the Specialist’s portfolio will be evaluated appropriately to allow for proper conclusions to be drawn. Evaluation plans are expected for all new product trials, which include: sampling strategy, sample size, map of study, and analysis strategy. Depending on the complexity of the trial, the Specialist will collaborate with Integration Data Director/Specialist and/or Team Lead for development of any evaluation plan.
- Survey development: Specialist will elaborate all drafts of surveys pertaining to product portfolio either independently or with support from the Data Specialist. S/He will seek input from all necessary stakeholders. S/He will ensure proper input into CommCare or other survey tool and verify that it is functioning properly in partnership with Integration Data and Field Directors.
- Report Writing: In conjunction with Integration Data Specialist, the Integration Specialist will write up synthetic reports of all trials, surveys or evaluations for internal consumption. Reports should include, where appropriate, adoption, cannibalization, qualitative interviews, post-morta as well as quantitative evaluations.
- Impact Model ownership: Where appropriate (new product or intervention) Specialist will own the updating and elaboration of impact models, ensuring that they reflect the most realistic impact of a new product or intervention
- Communication: Specialist will manage progressively more communication within One Acre Fund relating to product trials or evaluations s/he is managing.
- Partnership: Where necessary the Specialist will be responsible for day-to-day management of relationships with external partners who are involved in providing a product/service under the Specialist’s portfolio
- Team Performance Management: The Specialist will support team capacity development initiatives as necessary
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking a business or agribusiness or research professional with +2 years of work experience and a passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Project management skills and the ability to create and stick to timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agribusiness, business, economics, international trade, and development or a related field required
- Understanding of program evaluation strongly preferred, demonstrated the ability to use data for decision-making required, understanding of basic statistics also required.
- Passion for team building and collaboration with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and through multiple media including remote work
- Stata, R or another statistical package preferred, Microsoft excel required
- Written and oral English required, knowledge of French, Kinyarwanda or Swahili very useful
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Rwanda
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org