The United Nations Improvement Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ international improvement community. It advocates for change and connects nations to information, expertise and assets to assist folks construct a greater life for themselves. It supplies skilled recommendation, coaching and grants help to growing nations, with rising emphasis on help to the least developed nations. It promotes technical and funding cooperation amongst nations.
Headquartered in New York Metropolis, the standing of UNDP is that of an govt board inside the United Nations Normal Meeting. The UNDP is funded solely by voluntary contributions from UN member states. The group operates in 177 nations, the place it really works with native governments to fulfill improvement challenges and develop native capability.
We’re recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Advisor – Facilitation/Moderation of Dialogue and Engagement of Stakeholders on Stopping and Responding to Violent Extremism (PRVE) and Group Policing from a PVE-Perspective
Sort of Contract: Particular person Contract
Put up Stage: Nationwide Advisor
Beginning Date: (date when the chosen candidate is predicted to start out) 24-Aug-2020
Period of Preliminary Contract: three days (with chance of extension)
Anticipated Period of Task: three days (with chance of extension)
Nigeria is beset by inside violent conflicts, and extremism, with appreciable influence on its sustainable improvement, consolidation of democracy, viability of the state, and, certainly the company existence of the nation. The problem of managing ethno-religious variety and extended militarized strategy have left a legacy of unhealthy inter-group relations, and a tradition of impunity. Incidents of ethnic and sectarian violence are on the rise as Nigeria is ranked 148 out of 163 nations within the 2019 International Peace Index.1 Relationships between communities and state-based safety suppliers are challenged by exacerbating VE assaults from terrorist acts in Nigeria’s northeast, to the protraction of violent inter-group conflicts within the north western geopolitical zone and between farming and herding communities within the north-central of Kogi, Benue and Plateau states together with communities within the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja.
The existence of violent conflicts and extremism in Nigeria; invariably make tough the connection between members of the communities and legislation enforcement brokers in the middle of operations and repair supply. To buttress this, it’s been argued that the rising acts of VE have a direct causal impact on the deployment and energetic presence of legislation enforcement brokers (LEAs) to be able to protect legislation and order within the general curiosity of the safety. This case finally makes the communities overly militarized. This can’t be ignored as a result of in the middle of on a regular basis interface between residents and the LEAs, new meanings and perceptions of liberty, rights and house are (re)created, affirmed, rejected and contested.
Arguably, the militaristic strategy has been largely profitable in degrading the rebel’s capability to take care of management of any a part of Nigeria’s territory, however to this point, it has not put a cease to2 assaults towards smooth, civilian targets, and neither has the strategy adequately addressed the complicated components that gave rise to the insurgency and VE in these elements of the nation.
Constructing on a number of the key suggestions of UNDP PVE 2018/2019 survey in chosen states to deepen the physique of data on PVE at grassroots stage and an additional mapping of essential stakeholders, and actors in 5 states (Kaduna, Kano, Kogi, Niger, Plateau) and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, one of many key outputs of the Stopping and Responding to Violent Extremism (PRVE) challenge focuses on the rule of legislation, entry to Justice and safety intention at enhancing group belief stage and bonding to forestall and counter violent extremism. Broadly talking, the PRVE challenge objectives help nationwide coordination, constructing community-based bonding, belief and confidence constructing actions amongst group safety suppliers and stakeholders together with community-based organizations, susceptible teams and girls teams in focused states/communities to reinforce group safety and peaceable co-existence. These will additional entail promotion, and enhancement of partnership, belief and bond between safety suppliers and the group stakeholders consistent with Nationwide Motion Plan (NAP) for the federal government on the state stage and recognized at-risk communities of VE.
It’s based mostly on the foregoing that the Governance, Peace & Safety Unit of the UNDP seeks the companies of skilled facilitator/moderator to conduct a one-day dialogue amongst stakeholders on stopping and responding to violent extremism and group policing from a PVE perspective.
The consults shall perform the next particular duties:
- Produce a programme agenda for the dialogue;
- Acquaint with PVE challenge paperwork and merchandise together with 2018/2019 PVE survey report,group mapping report, dialogue idea paper, draft agenda, and Workplace of the Nationwide Safety Adviser’s Nationwide Motion Plan;
- Conduct a one-day facilitation/moderation on PRVE and Group Policing amongst stakeholders from chosen 5 states and the FCT;
- Produce a dialogue session report for documentation and reference to UNDP GPS PVE Undertaking.
Key Outcomes Anticipated:
The marketing consultant shall produce the next deliverables on the finish of the task?
- Programme agenda for the dialogue;
- Dialogue session report with attendance record and photos.
Affect of Consequence:
- A standard understanding amongst stakeholders on stopping and responding to violent extremism and group policing from a PVE perspective facilitated.
- Conscientious and environment friendly in assembly commitments, observing deadlines and reaching outcomes;
- Potential to use judgment within the context of assignments given, plan personal work and handle conflicting priorities;
- Potential to assume critically and overtly;
- Wonderful analytical and organizational expertise;
- Motivated by skilled slightly than private issues;
- Potential to indicate persistence when confronted with tough issues or challenges;
- Potential to stays calm in disturbing conditions.
- Openness to listening to others, appropriately decoding messages from others and responding appropriately;
- Asks inquiries to make clear, and reveals curiosity in having two-way communication;
- Tailors language, tone, type and format to match viewers;
- Excellent organizational, visible, written and verbal communication expertise;
- Demonstrates openness in sharing data and conserving others knowledgeable;
- Staff participant.
Required Expertise and Expertise
- The specified candidate(s) for this task shall possess a sophisticated diploma in Social Science, Arts, Communications, Sociology, Regulation and Humanities, Dispute Decision/Peace Research or different related fields.
- He/she will need to have, at the least, 10 years’ facilitation/moderation and public presentation expertise with nationwide and worldwide establishments and publicity with give attention to peace and safety;
- The candidate will need to have expertise in workshop administration and coordination.
Language and different Necessities:
- Fluent written and oral English required;
- Data of one other UN language is an asset.
- Superior diploma in Social Science, Arts, Communications, Sociology, Regulation and Humanities, Dispute Decision/Peace Research or different related fields for, at the least, 10 years – 30 factors.
- 10 years’ facilitation, moderation and public presentation expertise with nationwide and worldwide establishments and publicity with give attention to peace and safety – 40 factors.
- A mix of educational expertise, workshop administration and coordination – 10 factors.
- Earlier working expertise with a nationwide safety structure and or information of PCVE Framework and Nationwide Motion Plan is an asset – 10 factors.
- Earlier working expertise with UN companies or nationwide authorities is an asset – 10factors.