We're at the moment calling for Bids / Tender from the place beneath: Job Title: Advisor - Finish of Undertaking Analysis for ECHO Undertaking Locat
We’re at the moment calling for Bids / Tender from the place beneath:
Job Title: Advisor – Finish of Undertaking Analysis for ECHO Undertaking
Undertaking Title: Built-in GBV prevention and response to the emergency wants of newly displaced ladies, males, women, and boys in Borno State, North-East Nigeria.
Undertaking Length: November 1st 2018 to August 31st 2020
Length of Analysis: Most 15 days
Analysis Projected Date: 1st to 30th September 2020
- CARE Worldwide in Nigeria is in search of the providers of a advisor with expertise ultimately of challenge analysis of humanitarian programmes in conflict-affected areas to undertake a thematic analysis of the CARE Undertaking ‘Built-in GBV prevention and response to the emergency wants of newly displaced ladies, males, women, and boys in Borno State, North-East Nigeria’.
The aim of the analysis is to generate studying and proof on the extent to which the challenge has:
- Focused internally displaced individuals (IDPs) and different weak classes of individuals pertinent to the challenge rationale and goals;
- Supported well timed, related and efficient supply of GBV providers (prevention and response) to focus on populations;
- Delivered outcomes in-line with the challenge outcomes framework;
- Been capable of successfully monitor challenge actions by means of a ‘distant administration mannequin’- significantly throughout the COVID-19 interval;
The analysis will present proof that can contribute to the administration of reduction program and to CARE humanitarian method extra broadly. The analysis findings are additionally anticipated to contribute to the frequent proof base on humanitarian apply in a considerably distinctive context, in addition to methods on tips on how to construct resilient inside a fancy humanitarian disaster.
- Beneath the European Fee Civil Safety and Humanitarian Support (ECHO) funding with assist of CARE France, CARE Nigeria has been implementing CARE worldwide in Nigeria is implementing a Gender Based mostly Violence in Emergencies challenge.
- The on-going challenge is implementing in Bama and Ngala LGAs – Northeast N, the aim of the challenge is to contribute to the safety of the lives of weak ladies, males, women, and boys most affected by the disaster in North-eastern Nigeria.
On the finish of the challenge it’s anticipated that:
- GBV prevention, care, and response providers can be found and accessible to newly displaced people and weak host group members liable to or affected by GBV and
- Consciousness, information and software of humanitarian ideas and Sexual Exploitation and Abuse prevention and response ideas is improved amongst humanitarian actors and safety forces.
Function and Goals
- The aim of this finish of challenge analysis is to make sure accountability and establish classes realized and finest practices in order to feed into the choice making means of the challenge stakeholders, together with the donor, beneficiaries, and Authorities counterparts.
The precise goals of the tip of challenge analysis are primarily:
- To evaluate progress made in the direction of the achievement of outcomes on the final result and output ranges; embody the sustainability of the outcomes of the challenge, past the challenge lifetime. Additionally to offer evidence- based mostly info on efficiency of the challenge in opposition to the intervention logic and present challenge and program indicators
- To evaluate efficiency when it comes to the next standards: Appropriateness of design; relevance of outcomes; sustainability (the place related); transparency and accountability; effectiveness, effectivity of useful resource allocations, and validity of design/relevance of the challenge
- To establish and to doc classes realized and supply evidence-based suggestions for guiding subsequent humanitarian programming or related future interventions.
- To evaluate how the challenge ensured inclusion of weak and marginalized communities and engaged with affected inhabitants and communities;
- To evaluate how the challenge contributed to coordination efforts for improved GBV response
- Because of the dynamic state of affairs through which CARE function, in addition to the doubtless life threatening nature of the problems concerned, it’s important that the evaluator adheres to strict moral and safety pointers. Consultants will solely be thought of the place analysis ethics and applicable protocols are embedded into their organisational or personal consultancy profile. Consultants must exhibit they’re keenly conscious of explicit moral and safety points that come up from working on this particular atmosphere, together with safety of native communities and the necessity for vigilant information dealing with and administration.
Scope of Analysis:
- The geographical scope of the analysis is Bama and Ngala LGAs of Borno State, NE Nigeria. The technical scope of the analysis is to evaluate the relevance, effectivity, effectiveness, coordination, and influence/sustainability of the challenge in mild of its goals and supply suggestions for future programming. Moreover, the analysis will assess how the challenge ensured accountability to affected teams contemplating the commitments of the Core Humanitarian Commonplace.
The advisor ought to take a look at the design of the challenge and assess the extent to which the acknowledged challenge goals deal with the recognized issues or stakeholder wants:
- How has the challenge design (outcomes, outputs and actions) been related to addressing underlying causes of the recognized issues?
- What various methods would have been simpler in attaining its goals? Effectivity
- How has the challenge been environment friendly in allocating and managing sources (funds, human sources, time, experience and so on.) to attain outcomes? Have been the administration capacities adequate- i.e. administration of personnel, challenge properties, communication, relation administration with elders, group leaders, different growth companions, and so on?
- Do the outcomes achieved justify the prices (human sources, time, power, cash, supplies)? If not, why not? Have challenge funds and actions been delivered in a well timed method? If not, why not?
- Was there a transparent understanding of roles and duties by all events concerned?
- Has the challenge acquired sufficient technical and administrative assist from ECHO, CARE France, and CARE Nigeria?
- How far and in what methods the challenge was capable of strengthen native non implementing companions, communities, authorities, youth teams (and different related teams) and supply options to additional enhance their capacities.
- Evaluate and assess the standard of the challenge monitoring and analysis system, particularly: Assess the appropriateness of the symptoms and likewise assess the robustness of the monitoring protocol and approaches in quantitative and qualitative information assortment and compilation by challenge employees based mostly on the log body indicators.
- How the challenge was perceived by related stakeholders (Native leaders and group members) in mild of attaining its deliberate goals?
- How has the challenge been efficient in attaining its deliberate actions and outcomes? If not, why?
- Which had been the strengths within the challenge implementation and what are the constraints and challenges confronted? How has the challenge mitigated these challenges?
- How gender and safety have been mainstreamed into challenge actions and what was the influence of the challenge on gender fairness and associated points
- How have the approaches/modalities adopted by the challenge been efficient in guaranteeing inclusion of weak and marginalized communities?
- Have the approaches/modalities adopted by the challenge been efficient in participating with the communities affected by the disaster? How and why?
- What are the deliberate and unintended results, direct and oblique, optimistic and adverse, of the challenge on the dwelling circumstances of the populations within the focused space?
- What had been the linkages between actions similar to linkages between the ladies solidarity teams and livelihood help that enable to maximise the effected of the challenge?.
- Consider the sustainability of the challenge achievements similar to GBV committees, sensitization instruments, stage of capability constructing of the employees, companions group leaders and different actors, discount of GBV incidence, appropriation of the challenge by the beneficiaries; To what extent do the optimistic modifications ensuing from the challenge proceed after the tip of the motion? Particularly by means of the replication of coaching actions and continuity of the GBV committees.
- Make proposals for strengthening the achievements of the challenge. Coordination
- Is the extent of involvement and coordination of actions with different actors together with native authorities, NGOs, Technical Providers current within the space sufficient
- Is the extent of collaboration by means of the sharing of data (technical, monetary, logistics) and good practices sufficient?
- What’s optimistic and adverse influence of inter-agency coordination efforts? To what extent does the challenge contribute to improved collective response on the GBV and SEA vulnerabilities in focused areas
- Are the beneficiaries knowledgeable concerning the actions of the challenge?
- The state of affairs / participation of women and girls, particularly these heads of family?
- Are the present monitoring and accountability mechanisms used and tailored to the context? If not, how can they be improved?
- Do the beneficiaries know the grievance and suggestions mechanism? What are its limits? Do they use them? What suggestions have they got on this mechanism?
Deliverables and Time frame:
- The consultants will produce the next particular deliverables after signing the contract. The advisor will present common briefings to CARE Nigeria and can report his/her preliminary findings earlier than leaving the sphere.
The anticipated Outputs deliverables from the Evaluator are:
An Analysis Work Plan, to be agreed previous to the graduation of the analysis.
- This doc will operationalize and direct the analysis. It’s going to describe how the analysis shall be executed, thus refining and elaborating upon the phrases of reference. It will likely be authorized by CARE senior administration and act as an settlement between events for a way the analysis shall be performed. The work plan will embody the next parts:
- Expectations of analysis
- Roles and duties
- Analysis methodology – which additionally adapting to COVID-19
- Analysis framework
- Data assortment and evaluation strategies
- Reporting codecs
- Daily work plan and time frame for deliverables
An Analysis Report (draft and FINAL): On the finish of the analysis, the exterior advisor shall produce a report and current it to CARE Nigeria. The report will describe the analysis and put ahead the findings, suggestions and classes realized.
- The presentation of outcomes ought to illustrate a logical development derived from the knowledge collected. The analysis report shall be offered in two phases: A draft report (for feedback inside a stipulated interval) and a subsequent closing report (inside an agreed time frame).
The report shall be written in English. The draft and closing report may have the next construction:
- Government Abstract (max. 2 pages)
- Methodology, together with sampling
- Evaluation and findings of the examine
- Evidences of success/failures
- Conclusions, suggestions, classes realized and finest practices
- Annexes: ToR, Efficiency indicator monitoring desk reflecting the standing on every indicator in opposition to goal and former outcomes, if any, Related maps and images of the examine areas, bibliography of consulted secondary sources, finalized information assortment instruments (in English and Hausa and/or Kanuri), record of key informants, uncooked information in an agreed format.
The advisor wants to provide three onerous copies of all deliverables. The ultimate report will even be offered in digital copy (each PDF and MS Phrase format). The consultancy is anticipated to happen within the month of September 2020 in a complete of 15 working days (workplan), together with preparation, analysis design, area work, report writing and presentation of findings and proposals to CARE Nigeria, companions and exterior stakeholders.
Abilities and Qualification
CARE Worldwide in Nigeria is in search of the providers of an skilled and unbiased advisor evaluator of humanitarian tasks who fulfils the next competencies:
- Reliability and effectiveness, with confirmed information and expertise conducting challenge evaluations of humanitarian programmes in advanced conflict-induced crises; ideally mixed with prior expertise as a challenge/programme supervisor in such contexts.
- Glorious understanding of gender and safety points; GBV in Emergency expertise is most popular
- Fluency in English; Hausa and/or Kanuri are fascinating.
- Sound understanding of analysis design and strategies (each qualitative and quantitative), together with and understanding of the strengths and limitations of various approaches, and a sound understanding of the challenges posed by distant administration.
- Understanding of tips on how to interpret and current findings; superior analytical and report writing abilities
- Data and expertise of the disaster important, and expertise with distant administration modalities most popular
- Have robust information on Nigeria context is very fascinating
The right way to Apply
and certified consultants or companies ought to submit their purposes to [email protected] , and duplicate to [email protected] , [email protected] , and [email protected]. Please point out “Echo Supported GBV Undertaking Borno State – Ultimate Analysis” as the topic heading.
Utility Course of
All purposes ought to embody the next:
- Cowl letter (most 1 web page) stating the candidate’s availability throughout the month of September
- 2020 and up to date CV’s of all examine crew members, together with three references with contact particulars
- Technical proposal: Which ought to embody (i) temporary clarification concerning the Advisor with explicit emphasis on earlier expertise in this type of work; (ii) profile of the Advisor to be concerned in enterprise the analysis, (iii) Understanding of the TOR and the duty to be completed, (iv) draft plan and methodological method
- Monetary Proposal: Which ought to embody all the prices (together with consultancy charges, lodging and dwelling prices; transport value; stationeries, and provides wanted for information assortment; enumerators’ charges; and prices associated to different individual/analysis assistants that can participate).
Purposes shall be evaluated based mostly on the next standards:
- Technical expertise and experience
- High quality of proposal
- Value-effectiveness of proposal
Administration of the consultancy and logistical assist:
- The principal contacts for this consultancy shall be CARE Gender and Safety Sector Supervisor.
- CARE Nigeria will present all fairly obtainable secondary info because the Advisor might require to carry out his/her obligations below this Settlement. All information gathered is property of CARE. The advisor shall guarantee always the confidentiality of knowledge, respect the privateness of all people involved.